CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

La La Wants You To Know She's Proud To Be Latina


LA LA says:

Hey world..it’s your girl La La! This is my first blog but I can promise that you are in for a fun ride with me because there is so much we can talk about together! I’m proud to say as a Puerto Rican woman…
… born and raised in New York City that my first blog is about something very near to my heart. As many of you have heard on the news, Sonia Sotomayor, a Puerto Rican woman from the Bronx, was appointed to the Supreme Court and history was made!! Not only was this a historical turning point for all women but more importantly for Latina women.

Ok enough! You should be proud of who you are no doubt about that, but embrace all of you. It's so obvious to me that theirs a large percentage of African American in her, but she's proud to be latina. Is being black so bad? A person can be 20% indian and 80% African American, and will be walking around talking about Im indian.

0 comments: